Live HUD Help
I have setup iRacing Live HUD to display on my monitor but I see several “Ghost” boxes on the left hand side of the overlay?
It sounds like you are using an Ultrawide Monitor. When we hide components within the overlay we actually just move them off screen. Due to your aspect ratio they don’t move far enough so we need to adjust the size settings of the Live HUD. If for example your Ultrawide Monitor is 5140×1440 then try entering the following settings into the Live HUD app: Width = 3140, Height = 1440, Left = 1000, Top = 0. Please jump into our Discord Support Server if this doesn’t give you the desired results!
I have entered my iRacing Live Timing room name into the Live HUD app why is nothing being displayed?
To use iRacing Live HUD, iRacing must be running in Windowed or Borderless Window. It is currently not compatible with VR.
Live Timing Help
When should I use Class name overrides?
Class name overrides are used only in very specific situations:
- You need more/less/different classes than what iRacing provides.
- You need to run different class sets at once (for example DP/GTE/GT3 and at the same time as ROOKIE/REGULAR/VETERAN).
- You need to exclude cars from the standings: when using 1 racing car as the pace car you don’t want it to appear in the standings (set pace car class to None in all Class sets).
- When using an official race for a league and you want only league drivers to appear in the standings (use class set 2 or 3 and set Class name 2 or 3 for all drivers to display).
Why are other drivers not showing in the correct position in Live Timing and/or the Overlay?
- For iRacing Live Timing to correctly complete real time position calculations we need to ensure that the exact position of every car is correctly reported from iRacing. In the iRacing client navigate to: Options -> Graphics. Ensure the Max Cars option is set to 63.
- Navigate to your iRacing My Accountpage from the members site and ensure DSL, Cable, Fiber, 1Mbit/sec or faster is selected. If this is not set then iRacing can throttle the bandwidth by reducing the number of cars data is sent to us.
App doesn't start
When I start iRacing Live Timing I get an error message about not being in the “SDK Gaming Roster”?
Your iRacing Live Timing, Live HUD & Live Streamer app license is tied to your iRacing account. When you placed your order you entered your iRacing Customer ID. If you entered this incorrectly or are connected to iRacing with a different iRacing account then the software will not authenticate.
If you are trying to view a replay from a different iRacing member then our software will not authenticate unless they also have a license. We provide a workaround for this; first ensure iRacing Live Timing is running, open an iRacing test session and ensure iRacing Live Timing successfully connects. Then keep iRacing Live Timing open, close your test session and open your replay file.
If you need further assistance please ask in our Discord Support Server.
Why does iRacing Live Timing crash on startup?
The iRacing Live Timing app is only available for Windows 8 and Windows 10 users due to the DirectX Subsystems that are required.